This product is used by
Obtaining high-quality fingerprint images for:
- Electronic tenprint records
- Access, time and attendance control systems
- Express identity checks against AFIS databases
- Verification of biometric documents (by one or several fingerprints)
The scanner is designed for high-quality electronic fingerprinting.
Owing to the scanning surface of 86 mm x 78 mm, it allows you to acquire not only rolled fingerprint images, but also plain impressions of fingers taken simultaneously (slaps). Besides, both thumbs can be scanned together.
In one of the projects for automating the passage through border checkpoints at airports, the function of immediate identification by slaps (four fingers taken simultaneously) is implemented, which speeds up the process of matching due to increased number of captured minutiae in fingerprint patterns and improves reliability.
Suitable for both indoor and field work:
- Its optical system minimizes the impact of bright light on the image quality
- Housing of the device is made of stainless metal and impact-resistant plastic
- Taking of an individual’s dactyloscopic biometrics within one minute
The scanner runs:
- LIVE SCANNER and FILTER software in desktop enrollment and express ID check stations
- LIVE SCANNER and FILTER software in mobile MKDS and PAPILLON-M stations
- As part of terminals for unassisted biometric identification
- Third-party software with the use of LSSDK
MODELS AND CHARACTERISTICS
The scanner is available in the DS-30N version. New DS-30NI is getting ready to release.
It is used to capture rolled and plain fingerprints, including slaps (4+4+2).
Technical characteristics of DS-30N
Compact and energy-efficient
- Scan time for a rolled impression < 4 seconds
- Scan time for a flat impression < 2.5 seconds
- Scan area — 86 mm х 78 mm
- Output image size:
- Rolled fingerprint — 45 mm х 40 mm
- Plain finger impressions — 86 mm х 78 mm
- Image resolution — 500 ppi
- Dynamic range — 8 bpp
- Signal-to-noise ratio — not less than 40 db
- USB 2.0 — 480 Mb/s
- Built-in control board — Yes
- Required RAM, minimum — 512 MB
- Power supply — 5 V (USB)
- Power consumption, maximum — 2.5 W
- Dimensions (WxDxH) — 142 mm x 160 mm x 160 mm
- Weight — 2.5 kg
- Material of the housing — impact-resistant plastic
DS-30NI Scanner (coming soon):
It has an embedded control panel instead of a display. This allows us to reduce power consumption and to inform the operator during the process about which finger should be scanned, and about the quality of images obtained. Built-in infrared light goes through the finger’s blood flow allowing you to track and prevent an attempt of forgery (amputated finger/hand, dummy, etc.).
This model is suitable both for independent use and for integration into third-party equipment to create turn-key solutions under a manufacturer’s brand.
The built-in control board allows you to locate the device at a distance from the computer to hide the screen from the fingerprinted.
COMPARISON OF VERSIONS
Scanning dry and erased hands
Scanning wet hands
Compensation for motion aberrations at rolling fingers