BALISTA Smoothbore Gun Firing Imitator
Designed to acquire representative projectiles for comparison and analysis without actual firing of smoothbore weapons
Acquisition of sample projectiles by imitating the firing from single- and double-barreled smoothbore guns
- Casting of dummy projectiles of a needed caliber by means of special split molds
- Secure holding of a barrel on the rack
- Pulling of the dummy projectile through the barrel
The device consists of a vertical rack with holders for securing the gun in place, a drive gear for pulling a dummy projectile through the barrel and a quick-detachable base. The two moveable clamps and the muzzle end stop allow a shotgun to be easily and safely secured in place. Construction of the clamps allows you to securely attach a single- or double-barreled shotgun just by reversing the clamps.
BALISTA is indispensable in cases there are no other ways to obtain representative bullets for comparison and analysis:
- the gun’s barrel is curved;
- shooting from the gun is not safe;
- the gun is imcomplete (disassembled).
The test-‘fired’ specimen can be scanned with the BS-16 surface scanner.
Both images of the exhibit under investigation and test-‘fired’ dummy projectile can be submitted to ARSENAL ABIS for comparison and analysis.
MODELS AND CHARACTERISTICS
- Smoothbore gun firing pull-type imitator (1 pcs.)
- Mold for casting a dummy projectile for a 12-gauge shotgun (1 pcs.)
- Mold for casting a dummy projectile for a 16-gauge shotgun (1 pcs.)
- Mold for casting a dummy projectile for a 20-gauge shotgun (1 pcs.)
- Set of stop bars (D 11-20 mm) (1 pcs.)
- Set of demo bullet samples (1 pcs.)
- Diameter of testfired barrel, mm — 11-20
- Dimensions (LxWxH), mm — 300х300х1515
- Weight, kg — 11
- Allows you to obtain representative projectiles for comparison with evidence bullets, grapeshots and pellets
- Trace analysis without actual test-firing of a shotgun
- Indispensable in cases when the test-firing is unsafe
- Allows you to work with deformed and incomplete weapons